How to give your Instagram a facelift!
With more end user attention than any other social media platform, Instagram is where consumers’ attention is right now. Your content matters, and it matters a lot. This is part of a mini-series on Instagram tips that ToldYaa!™ publishes.
Properly editing your photos is a great start to creating engaging content that people will want to look at.
Here are a few things to avoid:
Unruly hashtagging (See Instagam Hashtag Hustler)
Photo Editing Apps:
1. VSCO Cam (free, with in-app filter updates): VSCO Cam is ideal for subtle, #nofilter filters. VSCO claims that their filters are to “complement, not define, your photographs” and we agree. VSCO Cam does not lower the quality of your snap either, preserving DSLR and iPhone images alike.
2. Priime (free, with in-app filter updates): Priime is fantastic if you’re editing on the fly and need a reliable filter selection. The app recommends a filter for your image based on certain qualities of your photo, such as colors and structure. Like VSCO Cam, Priime exports images at their original resolution quality.
3. SnapSeed (free): For all of your tweaking and finagling needs, Snapseed comes highly recommended.
Become acquainted with the ‘Transform’ tool that Snapseed offers, it will satisfy even the most maniacal Instagram draftsman. Snapseed auto-fills the edges so you don't need to worry about losing your original images scale.
- Instagram now permits landscape and portrait photos, so take advantage of the update. Ditch any app that adds white borders to your vertical or horizontal photos. We recommend never using a border, unless you’ve got a killer aesthetic going. Use all the real estate you can!
- Use your space wisely. Grainy Instagrams suck, plain and simple. Reference the table below so you can ensure your image is up to par.
Happy Instagramming! Feeling overwhelmed? Check out our services.